Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 11: Mercado

Today, Marie taught me 3 more verb tenses. In total, I have 12 verb tenses to manage by tomorrow. I'm now upgraded to past, present, and future. Technically, I'd be able to say anything and understand everything. Reality is slightly (or much) different. I definitely have been able to understand more. But speaking? Umm, that's still very hard.

Probably it's not helping that I'm hanging out with people who speak English. When we go out, we'd try a bit of Spanish at the beginning, but of course, the story always finds its way back to English :) But my group of people is very nice. Today we had a goodbye dinner, because everyone is either leaving tomorrow or during the weekend. The busy Miguel had to take a conference call during the dinner, but we enjoyed French cuisine in a little restaurant next to school, and talked about our future plans. We were so animated that I forgot to take pictures. Afterwards, I wandered around town, to the big market and the artisanal market. I also did a bit of homework with Lina at a trendy coffee shop. It has nice, cosy chairs, open air, and quite pleasant atmosphere. The only minus point is that their WiFi doesn't work.

Cool coffee shop
El mercado, the big market, never stops to amaze me with its size and variety. I was looking at some artsy DVDs when suddenly an avalanche of nude videos were surrounding me. It's kinda funny to see them in daylight, these shops look just like any regular shops, with kids running around and elderly grandmas yawning in boredom. They have discounts and feature displays, too. There are also very many of them, but unfortunately, I didn't take any pic or investigate very closely :)

I've booked the room for tomorrow, and will board on a first class bus to the exciting Mexico City. The adventure continues!


Cuernavaca in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment